Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Oh the HORROR!

I remembered watching Fear Factor on TV where people were eating worms - maggots specifically. Being a fishing enthusiast, I have not use maggots as baits. But I’ve used earthworms before – many many times. The yucky and slithering worms keep crawling all over your finger. And on many occasions while I was hooking the worm on the fishing hook, it splattered gooey worm innards on my face. Eewww!

Hmm, I won’t be posting pictures of maggots. A quick search on Yahoo Images search revealed unappetizing pictures of maggots – not the worm but on indescribable *things/people – too DISGUSTING to describe.

Of course, worms offer a form of protein into our diet and they provide really GOOD amount of protein. In many instances, native people have been eating this delicacy as a part of their diet. For westerners, this is uncommon but for the natives, it is rather described as YUMMY!

I’ve not tried eating worms before, but I praise the brave fellow ‘Americans’ on Fear Factor for eating this yummylicious meal. Good work lads! Good Work!


0 food taster: