Thursday, January 4, 2007

Tea Anyone?



Tea has been around for centuries. If I'm not mistaken, the first tea was a product of China. They had the best technique and the best tea breed. Even the westerners namely the British were marvel at this beverage. It was traded as an exotic commodity back then – something uncommon.

As we know what tea is at present time, I know tea as ‘Boh’ tea. One of the widely used tea from my country. Homegrown from the backyards – if you consider 200km away in the hilly jungle is the backyard of the city.

When I was young, I substituted tea with coffee. During times when I need the extra ‘kick’ I would put 5 tea bags into the tea pot. The effect - overdose in tea consumption – which is bad! Don’t try this at home kids! I felt sick and nausea and my mouth was dry. The tea was pitch black unlike the normal ‘brown’.

However, tea has good effects. It is known to be a potential bacterial killer – and hence the anti-bacterial face wash was born! I’ve used it many times but it didn’t suit my skin type (I got more pimples).

Also it is known to lower your blood pressure, thus GOOD NEWS for those who suffer from high blood pressure.

So drink tea everyday for good health! 

0 food taster: